Friday, September 10, 2010

Step 2: The Questions: Explain why these are of interest to you. What specific concepts and terms were involved – in other words, what are the legal i

These questions to me are pretty interesting because I didn’t know the answer to them, and I need to know just in case it happen to me or an partnership. The question like If I use an image that I didn’t create do I need to have a contract with the owner? The lawyer said that I need to have a permission or a contract with them that way they couldn’t sue me for plagiarism of their work. “ A person who has preregistered a work must register the work within one month after the copyright owner becomes aware of infringement and no later than three months after first publication/ if full registration is not made within the prescribed time period, a court must dismiss an action for copyright infringement that occurred before or within the first two months after first publication ( pg. 287, Attorney Richard Stim).” So I took this statement out of the book if you don’t register your product then the other company can have the same concept. ”Plagiarism does not violate any law but marks the plagiarist as an unethical person in the political, academic, or scientific community where the plagiarism occurs ( pg. 286, Attorney Richard Stim).” The lawyer said if you plagiarize someone else’s work you won’t get jail time but you’ll most likely get jail time and most likely will never get another job in the creative field again. Under Section 301 of the Copyright Act, states are prohibited from creating or enforcing laws that are equivalent to any of the exclusive rights granted under copyright law. This principle known as preemption ( or “ pre-emption”) – is sometimes used by a defendant in a lawsuit who claims that a state lawsuit should be dismissed because it actually involving in the right of publicity or a shrink-wrap license ( pg. 286, Attorney Richard Stim).” In this quote I think that it’s saying that even if you did go to court that you can fight your case with Section 301. The other question that I had for the lawyer was – if my spouse pays to set up my business and I ran everything if we get a divorce does he have a claim to it?- The lawyer response was under Nevada State law states that each person would get 50 percent of the company as long as the other spouse would sell their half of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment